Website and Digital Platforms
Our website www.1highpavement.co.uk and other digital platforms may on occasion contain links to 3rd party websites/other digital platforms. We are only responsible for the privacy and security of our own website/digital platforms and we recommend that you check the privacy and security of other websites/digital platforms that you may visit.
What Information to we collect, and why?
No. 1 High Pavement Chambers collect information which may be recorded, used and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations and this Notice.
We may collect and record the following information about you when you enquire about our legal services:
- Organisation (if applicable)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Details of your enquiry
We may on occasion supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you, however we will not use that information for purposes which are not clear to you when you provide your details.
How we collect and use the Information
We may collect information from you via email, in person, by telephone or by other digital platforms, including social media.
We may use your information for the following reasons:
- To provide a service to you in which you have expressly requested further information on i.e. upcoming lectures and events.
- To get in touch with you regarding upcoming lectures and events.
- To tailor and personalise any marketing communications directly to you.
When you our website/digital platforms, we may automatically collect the following information about your visit to our website/digital platform:
- Your browser type, versions and plug ins on your operating systems.
- Your experience whilst on our website/digital platform including links that you click on and any searches you made whilst visiting our website/digital platform.
- How you reached our website/digital platform through searching, including which IP address you have used.
- Information regarding any online forms completed and/or submitted.
The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of 1 High Pavement Chambers providing tailored marketing and services to you, including notifications about any lectures of events, in line with your selected preferences.
You are entitled to opt out of any marketing preferences or unsubscribe to any news/events communications at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of Information
We do not share or use your data for any other purposes which is not made clear to you expect in circumstances as detailed below.
We may share your data with the following:
- 3rd parties where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- To lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity
- It is appropriate to do so to enforce our contractual rights
- Where disclosure is necessary to maintain and protect the safety or security of any person(s)
- As otherwise permitted under applicable law
1 High Pavement Chambers will retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the delivery of required services to you. Your data will not be retained indefinitely or for any reasons that are note stated in General Data Protection Regulations.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the right to request the following:
- Access to personal information we hold about you.
- To make a request for information we hold about you to be revised and corrected.
- To request Chambers remove all personal detail belonging to you.
- To request a copy of all personal information that has been provided to us.
- To request all information be deleted from any marketing information that we may hold about you.
Full information regarding your data protection rights under the GDPR can be found by clicking the link here: https://www.ico.org.uk. These rights are subject to the conditions and restrictions set out in the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Should you wish to make a request as detailed above please contact by email:
or write to us at:
Senior Clerk, No. 1 High Pavement Chambers, 1 High Pavement, Nottingham, NG1 1HF
Please provide as much detail as possible about you and ensure that you include important identifiers relating to you so that we can identify you on our systems (i.e. full name, address etc). We may need to contact you to request further information should the need arise.
We aim to acknowledge and respond to you within 30 days of receiving your request.